Metamotion RL is charging by usb and ac adapter but it is not recognized by differents Metabase App

edited February 2022 in General

Hi,

I have bought two MetaMotion RL inertials. One works perfect but the another one is not recognized by Metabase App. The sensor is charginb by usb or AC Adapter with a yellow light blinking until turns to green light fixed. After that any ios phone or tablet with Metabase app installed and reinstalled could recognize the device. I have tried to do a soft reset with no success. I can't upload a new firmware so I guess I have two options, battery changing and hard reset? Or the device is possible broken?

Please, could someone tell me what is happening with the device? Any suggestions?

Thanks for your support.
Have a nice day!
Ivan

Comments

• edited February 2022

In addition. Nordic software does not recognize the device too and I forgot that the device worked one time with very low battery and data was captured.

• Hi Ivan,
    It is hard to know what is wrong but I recommend a hard reset and then try to use the Nordic app to see if it is advertising after that.
    Pictures also would help ;)

• @Laura said:
    Hi Ivan,
    It is hard to know what is wrong but I recommend a hard reset and then try to use the Nordic app to see if it is advertising after that.
    Pictures also would help ;)

Hi, Laura:

I have uploaded an image when device is charging, with a slow blinking yellow light. Please, could provide me a video of doing a hard reset? I only have seen photos but I would need instructions of doing hard reset with more details and necessary equipment, etc.

Thanks for your support.
    Regards
    Iván

• Actually if its blinking like that it is very good. Can you make sure all other bluetooth devices are very far away, remove all other metawears, computers and phones from your room.
    Then take one smartphone and scan the room with the nordic app and show me the results.

• Ok, now I have both ot then in nordic service and I have connected to both ot them. I don't know what happend, but now it works fine. Thank your for your help

• Likely a cache bluetooth state with your device, thanks for the update @ijimenez