MetaMotionS boards abruptly stopped functioning with no noticeable incident

Hi,
I was working with streaming acceleration data with multiple MetaMotionS boards simultaneously. For several months, all of them worked fine then inexplicably two sensors stopped functioning properly during pretty normal use. One sensor was only able to communicate with a Raspberry Pi over BLE when placed inches away from a CSR 4.0 BLE dongle with the top casing removed. The sensor is reporting that it is fully charged and I have reset the sensor using the example code multiple times-- I am not entirely sure what the next troubleshooting step should be. Additionally, one other sensor just completely stopped working and will not communicate with my code over BLE at all. Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

Comments

• edited May 2022

You will need to look for damage and to see if they suffer from over discharge (basically the sensor battery is no longer charging). If you can connect them, you can also generate a diagnostics report.
    You should provide this information on a per sensor basis with photos and more for us to move forward. A generic post is not helpful and not actionable.

• @Laura said:
    You will need to look for damage and to see if they suffer from over discharge (basically the sensor battery is no longer charging). If you can connect them, you can also generate a diagnostics report.
    You should provide this information on a per sensor basis with photos and more for us to move forward. A generic post is not helpful and not actionable.

A diagnostics report seems like a good place to start, how do I go about that?

• If you download the MetaBase app for iOS or Android and connect to the sensor, you can product a diagnostic report. Also take pictures and itemize each sensor.