Execution Time Question

Hello,

So I am using the C++ API, and using the python wrapper examples to verify that it works, which it does. (using MetaMotionR)

1. Does using python with C++ extensions execute in the same amount of time if the main program was written in C++? ( I only ask because for many of the embedded projects I've dealt with regarding ST we would only use C/C++ instead of interpretive languages).

2. In the datasheet, there were some Maximum ratings for sampling data for different sensors, yet when I first started to look at the sensor, the MetaBase app GUI would remove the accelerometer and gyroscope if euler angles were selected. Is this due to the fusion mode (don't see any errata sheet so can't tell).

3. What is the drawback to increasing the data sampling, which if I used MetaBase,would cap at 200 Hz, in the datasheet (?

4. And lastly, if the connection interval time of is longer than the time it takes to get a sample, will it matter having increased sample rate?

Comments

• edited May 2019
    1. You can only stream sensor fusion OR raw motion data, not both at the same time (exception is fuser mode but this also has limitations).

2. Bluetooth caps out at 100Hz in streaming mode as per the ble spec.

3. This is why we cap the ble stream at 100hz (it can't support more, use log mode if you want higher sampling frequency).

• @R0b0t1c5 said:
    1. Does using python with C++ extensions execute in the same amount of time if the main program was written in C++? ( I only ask because for many of the embedded projects I've dealt with regarding ST we would only use C/C++ instead of interpretive languages).

Most likely not, actual differences will depend on your system.