ic_launcher.png (duplicate?) in metawear-1.6.21 library

I was able to build and run the Android sample app successfully on one PC by updating the build files in the sample app with these dependencies:
com.android.tools.build:gradle to version 1.2.3  
and
com.android.support:support-v4 to version 22.2.0

However on a different machine, the build would fail with these notes:

\app\build\intermediates\res\debug\drawable-hdpi-v4\ic_launcher.png: error: Duplicate file

\app\build\intermediates\res\debug\drawable-hdpi\ic_launcher.png: Original is here. The version qualifier may be implied

I found this stackoverflow answer (http://stackoverflow.com/a/29977893/3066295) which suggests that  libraries should not contain ic_launcher.png

Can anyone confirm this is a problem with the metawear library ?

(I also see many warnings stating "libpng warning: iCCP: Not recognizing known sRGB profile that has been edited", but I don't believe that is causing the build error)

Thanks!

Comments

• I haven't had any issues with the launcher icon in the library but yes, it is pointless to have it in a library so it will be removed.
  • Ok, good to know, I will look for that.

Since updating the SDK on the PC to latest versions it too is now having the same build problem detailed above.  It used to have

Android SDK Tools 24.2
    Android Support Repository 14
    Android Support Library 22.1.1
  • - For temporary solution, as mentioned in the stackoverflow thread, "holding back the plugin version is the way to go" since the build succeeds with Android Plugin for Gradle 1.1.0  but not the latest 1.2.3

- (and that is with the latest Android support library 22.2.0)
This discussion has been closed.