Cannot build app after updating to XCode 12.5 with the latest iOS SDK

Hello all,

I was not able to compile my code after updating XCode to 12.5, please check the attachment for the problem while compiling the code.
I am using the latest iOS SDK, my code works with the earlier version of XCode.
Any help or suggestion would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Comments

• edited April 2021

The issue is that 12.5 is in beta. 12.4 works just fine. Can you downgrade until 12.5 is out of beta?
    You updated a bit early. There's probably going to be a bunch of patches in the next weeks.

• @Laura said:
    The issue is that 12.5 is in beta. 12.4 works just fine. Can you downgrade until 12.5 is out of beta?
    You updated a bit early. There's probably going to be a bunch of patches in the next weeks.

Hello Laura,

Thanks for the prompt reply.
    I believe Apple released the final version of XCode 12.5 two days ago.
    I will wait for the patches.

• edited April 2021

Yah that's pretty new. Even I haven't updated yet because it's not a requirement from Xcode.
    Let's wait for the dust to settle and revisit this when Xcode 12.5 is official (i/e it's an update requirement and not just optional for Xcode).

• edited April 2021

@Laura said:
    Yah that's pretty new. Even I haven't updated yet because it's not a requirement from Xcode.
    Let's wait for the dust to settle and revisit this when Xcode 12.5 is official (i/e it's an update requirement and not just optional for Xcode).

Hi Laura,

Apple rejected our app submission, so we thought Apple was asking us to use the latest XCode to compile the app. That was why we updated to XCode 12.5. The following message was what we got from Apple, do you happen to know how can we fix this issue by any chance?

ITMS-90562: Invalid Bundle - There's an issue with the app's bitcode compilation. Rebuild the app using the current public (GM) version of Xcode and upload it again.

Thanks.

• That sounds more like a bundle / App ID issue. Make sure you are using the right account and bundle names when signing the App. Something is not matching up.

• @Laura said:
    That sounds more like a bundle / App ID issue. Make sure you are using the right account and bundle names when signing the App. Something is not matching up.

Thank you, I will double check.

• Hello,
    Exactly the same issue for me since official Xcode 12.5 !

• But I do confirm that it is running well with Xcode 12.4 !

• @patrice said:
    But I do confirm that it is running well with Xcode 12.4 !

Same here!

• Let's give a few days for Xcode 12.5 to stabilize and then I will take a look at it. I expect a few patches in the early days of this new xcode release.

• @Laura said:
    Let's give a few days for Xcode 12.5 to stabilize and then I will take a look at it. I expect a few patches in the early days of this new xcode release.

Thanks.

• Hey ya'll,
    As a temporary fix, please replace the init function as follow:

public convenience init(id: String, info: DeviceInformation, name: String? = nil) {
        self.init(id: id, info: info)
        self.mockName = name
        self.info = info
        self.notification = CBMutableCharacteristic(type: .metaWearNotification, properties: .notify, value: nil, permissions: .readable)
        self.mockIdentifier = UUID(uuidString: id)!
    }

• I will look into a permanent fix and a release of pod 4.0.1 in the upcoming weeks.

• Thanks @Laura, I do confirm that temporary fix is doing the job very well with last Xcode 12.5 !

• @patrice,
    Thanks. I might release officially soon. Just making sure Xcode 12 stabilizes a bit.

• @Laura said:
    I will look into a permanent fix and a release of pod 4.0.1 in the upcoming weeks.

Sorry for the late response, it works great so far.
    Thank you so much!