I have a MetaTracker which I connect to via an Android application (using version 3.4.0 of the SDK). The Android application has been used previously to collect data (accelerometer, temperature, light, battery) from a MetaMotion over a. long period of time, without any issues.
The app is configured to collect data with the following settings:
- Accelerometer: 25hz, range: 4g
- Light: LTR329_RATE_1000MS, LTR329_TIME_100MS & LTR329_1X
- Temperature: 1Hz (1 read per second)
- Battery: 1 read per minute
In this new application, i'm also interested in humidity data, so I want to add:
- Humidity: 1Hz (1 read per second)
But i'm bumping into a few issues with this MetaTracker:
1) With the MetaTracker, at a certain moment I stopped receiving accelerometer & light data (AsyncDataProducer). I believe it was when I added code to read humidity data. Reconnecting or reverting to the old code didn't solve the issue. Removing the battery from the sensor did. The sensor seemed to be in a bad state? I don't know what the cause was of this or how to avoid it. Because after removing the battery, my code for humidity seems to work as expected.
2) After the above issue was solved , the forced data producers stop returning any data after ~ 5 minutes. I tried to solve this in several ways:
- removing the accelerometer stream (not needed in this project). At a certain moment i stop receiving data
- only read from a ForcedDataProducer when a previous read has returned a value. Now it seems to keep on going, but at a certain moment I stop receiving data for temperature. Light & humidity keep going.
3) I've tried installing the MetaBase app to see if any firmware updates were available, but on 1 phone it crashes (when i skip the step to connect to sensor). On 2 other phones it never finds the device after clicking +Device. When doing this i make sure my own app is not connected to it.