Firmware 1.5.1

For MMR/MMC only! Firmware 1.5.1 now available.

Please note this firmware is not supported for MTR, MWC, MWRG, and MWR.

Changes

• Resets sensor fusion on settings changes or when turned on/off

Comments

• Is the version number reported as 1.5.1? only 1.5.0 seems available in the metabase app?

• Hey,

Is there a place we can check supported models/versions against firmware versions?

I cannot update my MMC Model: 2, HW: 0.3. (no value for bootloader).

• I have MetaMotion R's (0.2 & 0.3 & 0.4 hardware versions), using the metabase app (iOS), updating the firmware still shows 1.5.0. Is there something else needed?

@Laura said:
    For MMR/MMC only! Firmware 1.5.1 now available.

Please note this firmware is not supported for MTR, MWC, MWRG, and MWR.

Changes

• Resets sensor fusion on settings changes or when turned on/off
  • Hi!

Where to download the new firmware 1.5.1, and update tools? I cannot find anywhere on the website

• You can use the MetaBase App to update firmware.

• Where can I find API documentation for 'mbl_mw_sensor_fusion_reset_orientation()' and when can I use this in my Android App?
    Thanks!

• I had some older sensors purchased in November 2020 and before that worked perfectly with my app, but now I just bought some new sensors with Firmware 1.5.1 on them and my app doesn't work properly anymore. Before I'd start it streaming data (Euler angles or quaternions) and basically I would immediately get valid data. But now with these new sensors with the new firmware 1.5.1, it takes up to 2 seconds for the values to settle.

Trying to figure out how this new resetting of sensor fusion on settings changes might be causing this behavior. Am I understanding correctly that if I set the sensorFusion mode to NDoF, even if that's what it was set to before, that this will trigger a reset of the sensor fusion? If not that, what other settings changes would trigger this reset?

Thanks!

• edited July 2021

Did you update your App with the latest APIs? You will need to update but it should be relatively minor/trivial.