MetaHub errors

I have downloaded the newest MetaHub image to Raspberry Pi 3 originally purchased from Mbientlabs, but I cannot get the Desktop shortcut for Metabase to work. Nor clicking the icon in the Apps folder (Metabase-Node)

1. Metabase app icon throws error (both Desktop and in the Apps folder)
> metabase-hub@1.2.0 start /home/pi/Apps/MetaBase-Node
> electron . "--config" "/home/pi/Desktop/metabase-config.json" "-o" "/home/pi/Desktop/MetaBase-CSV"

App threw an error during load
SyntaxError: Unexpected token } in JSON at position 525
    at JSON.parse (<anonymous>)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/home/pi/Apps/MetaBase-Node/app.js:19:19)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/home/pi/Apps/MetaBase-Node/app.js:87:3)
    at Module._compile (module.js:642:30)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:653:10)
    at Module.load (module.js:561:32)
    at tryModuleLoad (module.js:504:12)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:496:3)
    at loadApplicationPackage (/home/pi/Apps/MetaBase-Node/node_modules/electron/dist/resources/default_app.asar/main.js:287:12)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/home/pi/Apps/MetaBase-Node/node_modules/electron/dist/resources/default_app.asar/main.js:328:5)

I'm not actually seeing where there is an unexpected token. Is the latest version of app.js in the MetaHub image or on Github? If on Github, I can just copy that info over.

1. Running from the command line also does not work on the Desktop
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ cd Desktop
pi@raspberrypi:~/Desktop $ sudo npm start -- --metabase-config.json
npm ERR! code ENOENT
npm ERR! syscall open
npm ERR! path /home/pi/Desktop/package.json
npm ERR! errno -2
npm ERR! enoent ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/home/pi/Desktop/package.json'
npm ERR! enoent This is related to npm not being able to find a file.
npm ERR! enoent 

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR!     /root/.npm/_logs/2021-08-07T17_50_48_680Z-debug.log
pi@raspberrypi:~/Desktop $ 
  1. Running from Command Line DOES work within the Apps folder. I copied the device info over from the Desktop version of metabase-config.json into the folder version.

Is there a simple fix I can apply to the code to get it to run from the Desktop? I will be shipping this off to a group of people, and I want it to be as simple as possible for them to run. Thx

Comments