Strange errors at runtime - tutorial iOS 3a

I've completed the tutorial for iOS 3a from the "Getting Started Guide". I'm sure I've installed CocoaPods correctly but when I run it I am getting several unusual errors from some of the code in the library files, including:

In file included from /Users/admin/Dropbox/Embi2/Pods/Bolts/Bolts/Common/BFCancellationToken.h:13:

/Users/admin/Dropbox/Embi2/Pods/Bolts/Bolts/Common/BFCancellationTokenRegistration.h:13:1: error: unknown type name 'NS_ASSUME_NONNULL_BEGIN'

NS_ASSUME_NONNULL_BEGIN

^

/Users/admin/Dropbox/Embi2/Pods/Bolts/Bolts/Common/BFCancellationTokenRegistration.h:19:1: error: cannot combine with previous '(error)' declaration specifier

@interface BFCancellationTokenRegistration : NSObject

^

/Users/admin/Dropbox/Embi2/Pods/Bolts/Bolts/Common/BFCancellationTokenRegistration.h:29:1: error: unknown type name 'NS_ASSUME_NONNULL_END'

NS_ASSUME_NONNULL_END

^

In file included from /Users/admin/Dropbox/Embi2/Pods/Bolts/Bolts/Common/BFCancellationToken.m:11:

/Users/admin/Dropbox/Embi2/Pods/Bolts/Bolts/Common/BFCancellationToken.h:15:24: error: expected ';' after top level declarator

NS_ASSUME_NONNULL_BEGIN

^

;

/Users/admin/Dropbox/Embi2/Pods/Bolts/Bolts/Common/BFCancellationToken.h:42:1: error: unknown type name 'NS_ASSUME_NONNULL_END'

NS_ASSUME_NONNULL_END

^

/Users/admin/Dropbox/Embi2/Pods/Bolts/Bolts/Common/BFCancellationToken.m:14:1: error: cannot combine with previous '(error)' declaration specifier

@interface BFCancellationToken ()

^

6 errors generated.

Any ideas what could cause this? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Hi Physiowear,

This type of error is usually caused by some kind of typo in one or more of the source files. Can you make a completely clean copy of the sample project and try again?

Thanks,
    Yu
  • Also, please make sure that your Xcode is updated to the latest version.
This discussion has been closed.