Scanning for new devices around
I am in kind of doubt about scanning devices around by MetaWear app on iOS device. The situation is:
- i have more than just one device around
- every device has some name assigned
- metaweare app is running and scanning
- there are two issues that I am trying to solve
- How to detect if device is not around anymore - the situation is that somebody takes one metawear away from range of iOS device but MetaWear app dont reflect the information that device is no more around - I have tryied to Lod every device founded but its still the same - MetaWear that is not in physical range of iOS device is listed as it is. It seems to me like SDK bug - or not?
- Name of device - id API documentation its stated that MetaWear have unique name - I have tryied to change it to someting like MT1 on android device my original MetaWear app. But when I am scanning devices around after one minute by iOS device the iOS device still see metawear with old (or default) name (let say MetaWear). I can connect to it and after disconnect the metawear change name in scanning table. I have tryied after moment to forget all devices and try scanning again but without any changes.
What do you think about these problems? I really would like to use your SDK and MetaWear for my apps but I am not sure if these problems are problems of SDK or of something else.
Thanks for response
This discussion has been closed.