Metawear C - accelerometer sensor reporting not supported in Mbientlab app

When connecting a Metawear C sensor to my phone using the Mbientlab app, I get the following error:
"Accelerometer module (sensor) is not supported on this board"

I have another Metawear C sensor that works fine.  I have updated the firmware, swapped batteries, and reset the sensor, which have not resolved the issue.

The only parts of the sensor that are still working are the LEDs (red/green/blue) and the push button on the sensor.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Comments

• What firmware version is the bugged C using?  It needs to be on v1.2.1 not v1.2.0.
  • The sensor is running on firmware 1.2.1.
  • Try clearing the app data and see if that clears things up.  Also, does the gyro panel say the gyro module is not supported?
  • Clearing the app data did not help. Also, the gyro module gives me a not supported error.
  • edited May 2016
    • Can you get your hands on an iOS device?  If so, can you use the accelerometer and gyro on the iOS app?
    • Does the temperature sensor work?

• I cannot get any iOS devices, but the temperature sensor does work.
  • edited July 2016
    Similar scenario here:

I have a Metawear C with firmware ver 1.1.2 and hardware 0.2.
    The problem is even with the Android Sample App 3.4.8 the Accelerometer sensor gives no sampling data (although the board does not report any error on selecting this module.).

I tested this on two of the sensors and also tried with the Android API with a custom application.

As reported above the Barometer and Temperature sensors are able to sample data.

With the Gyro sensors too, its same as the accelerometer issue.
  • Have you tried iOS? Updating firmware?
  • MetaBase App?
  • It is not possible for all of your devices to be non functional, have you tried using a different Android device? Please post more information as this is not a valid DOA claim
  • Thanks Laura, updating the firmware of the Board has done the trick. I am now able to get the accelerometer streaming data with Board Firmware @ 1.2.1 and Hardware rev 0.2

Thanks ,
    Dush
This discussion has been closed.