Older MetawearR not responding to app?

Hi,

I have had some MetawearRs (HW rev. 0.2) for about a year and use iphone 5S. I can't seem to get them working with the latest firmwear 1.1.3.  I've charged them up and they only work when powered by the USB.  When being powered by USB and connected to the MetaWear app I can stream the data but the LEDs don't stay on, they flash briefly once, and there are anomalies with the connection status/signal on the Devices page - saying a board is 'Connected!' but the signal bars are white with a red cross through them. 

I've tried reinstalling the apps, including Metabase (which has never work with them anyway). and resetting to factory defaults. Obviously I cant disconnect the batteries and reboot that way.  I don't use them for anything else but streaming the accelerometer data because my pc doesn't run apple software to program them. 

I really need them to stream without being connected to the power through the USB.  Any ideas? TIA

Comments

• Did you stop using the boards for a period of time?  It sounds like the LiPo battery has completely discharged.
  • Where is the best place to get replacement versions of a lipo if this happens?  There will be some soldering involved,  but it would be helpful.  Also,  do some of the newer firmwares turn off before completely discharging to prevent this,  or is that even possible?  
  • We sell replacement batteries on our web store.  No, the board runs until there is no more power.  At that point, you should recharge the battery within a reasonable amount of time instead of continuing to let the board sit there for weeks.
This discussion has been closed.