Raspberry Pi + Windows 10 IoT + Metawear

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone is developing on a Raspberry Pi running Windows 10 IoT with a MetaWear?  Can the C++ API be utilized in this configuration?

Comments

• The C++ API can be used in a Universal Windows app.
  • Any issues compiling the C++ API in a Raspberry Pi/Windows 10 IoT environment?
  • Sorry, we do not have any Windows 10 IoT devices so I can't definitively say one way or the other.  However, I doubt there is any issues since the same UWP app/library is supposed to work across all devices.
  • I tried with Windows 10 IoT for Raspberry Pi 2, and able to run UWP C# app. But app crashes either dumping data after few seconds or give null reference exception at 
    notifyChar = bldv.GetGattService(GattCharGuid.METAWEAR_NOTIFY_CHAR.serviceGuid).GetCharacteristics(GattCharGuid.METAWEAR_NOTIFY_CHAR.guid).FirstOrDefault();

• After some efforts I am able to avoid this exception.
    but now I am getting exception in notifyHandler on api mbl_mw_connection_notify_char_changed.

Exception of type 'System.ExecutionEngineException' was thrown

some time it works for few second, and then app stuck. 
  • At last I was able to fix the issues and able to run UWP application smoothly on Raspberry pi 2.
    As Eric advice, make sure all references which are passed to C# wrapper functions should be alive.
    My application is based on https://github.com/mbientlab/MetaWear-UwpStarter, I modified sample for Raspberry pi 2. It is scanning BLE devices, pairing, and connecting boards. Application can connect multiple sensors and getting data (gyro & accelerometer) from multiple sensors.
  • Good to hear that it works. Are you able to share your code?
  • Can Somebody show me the way to implement multiple Metaware sensor on Raspberry device (running on windows IOT OS).

Thanks in advance  
  • Thank you sir for your reply. But I want to run multiple Metaware Sensor simultaneous and receive sensor data's from each sensor parallel(like toggling of sensor devices and receiving data or multiple sensor device connected but sensor data may be differentiated based on the Macaddress..). 
  • Use the MetaHub app.
This discussion has been closed.