MetaWear driver error help

Hi Everyone! 

After long afternoons trying to understand the communication protocol from the MetaWear RG and how to request gyro information , when I was trying to pair it  with my pc, i came down to the very basis of pairing problems. Either using my pc or my friends' pc I always get a "driver error" after pressing pair button. I tried with windows XP, but It wasn't even capable of finding it..

Does anyone know how to solve this? My main goal is to detect create a LabVIEW interface for the MetaWear RG and I'm only interested in receiving the gyroscope and accelerometer data.

Thanks for the attention, 

Sismix

Comments

• MetaWear uses a Bluetooth Low Energy radio. Your computer/device needs to have a Bluetooth 4.0 compliant radio and be using an OS that supports Bluetooth Low Energy. For Windows, that would require Windows 8 or 10.
  • Hi, that's not the problem.
    My USB bluetooth adapter is 4.0 BLE, my friends' pc's too. All of them are windows 10.
    It must be something more...
  • For more info, It returns: 
    (code 10)

STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE
  • Doing a Google search of "status_device_power_failure bluetooth windows 10" suggests this error code being seen across multiple laptop vendors and is related to W10 driver issues.  The first thing you can do it try to pair your PC with other BLE devices if you have any on hand.

My laptop is a Zenbook Prime UX31A-AB71 (2012) running Windows 10 and it can pair and communicate with the MetaWear boards without any issues.  
  • I am also getting this error, on two Windows 10 machines (one desktop and one laptop). I have been using a Bluetooth dongle with the Broadcom BCM20702 chipset on it and am trying to get another dongle. I can see the devices but get a driver error when attempting to pair. I have no other Bluetooth LE devices to test with.

Is there a driver alternative that one can install to try with the Metawear device in device manager? Currently it is using the generic 'Bluetooth LE Device' driver.
  • Looks like it's an issue with the FitBit as well.  Maybe one of the suggestions mentioned in this thread can help you out:

• rayray
    edited July 2016
    I have the same error with the Broadcom BCM20702 chipset (in the ASUS USB-BT400 dongle). reapz did you manage to find a dongle that works?

Thanks,
    Ray
This discussion has been closed.