Streaming or Logging all sensor data

edited January 2016 in Firmware
Hello,

Is there a way to stream or log all sensor data (accelerometer, gyroscope, and magnetometer data) using a MetaWear CPRO? When I tried to stream all sensor data, all 3 sensors started to stream the data to my iPhone. But after a few seconds, 1 or 2 of the sensors stopped streaming. The only way I could get them to work again was by doing a soft reset. Currently, streaming accelerometer and gyroscope data works well. However, when I also try to stream magnetometer data, the magnetometer and/or accelerometer stop streaming data. If I try to stream accelerometer and gyroscope data and log magnetometer data, sometimes the accelerometer stops working and no magnetometer data is downloaded at all.

Thank you!

Comments

• What firmware version are you using with your CPro?  In the latest firmware, v1.1.2, there were some fixes related to using the magnetometer with the gyroscope.
  • Hello Eric,

I am using firmware version 1.1.2, hardware version 0.2. 

Thank you.
  • Hrm, what sensors settings are you using?  I will tell our iOS dev to test with the same settings you are using.
  • Hello Eric,

I am using the following sensor settings:
    • Accelerometer:
      • Acceleration Range: -2/+2
      • Sample frequency: 100Hz or 50Hz
    • Gyroscope:
      • Rotation rate: 125 degrees/sec
      • Sample frequency: 100Hz or 50Hz
    Thank you.
  • Just letting you know that we can reproduce this bug from both Android and iOS, and are looking into it.
  • I have found that if you start listening to the accelerometer events prior to the gyro you can listen to both. However if you start listening to gyro first the accelerometer never works. 

I also see same results described above where the magnetometer stops broadcasting after a few seconds. But when listening to ONLY the magnetometer it continues indefinitely.
  • I'm having the same problem trying to stream data from all 3 modules on Android. Any idea on a time frame for a fix? Is there any work around for a short term solution?
  • We are currently working on fixing this issue along with a few other firmware bugs.  Hopefully it will be ready next week but there is no set timeline for the release; it will be announced when it's done.

I am not aware of any workaround for this problem.  Unfortunately you will have to sit tight for now.
  • Hello Eric,

I want to let you know that I've been using the MetaWear CPRO for over 2 weeks now and I've been able to stream all sensor data (accelerometer, gyroscope, and magnetometer data) without any issues. Thank you for looking into this issue and fixing it!!

Thank you!
  • Hello,

I am having the same issue, and wondering if the bug has been fixed yet. I am using a Metamotion-R sensor and have upgraded the firmware using the app as of this morning.

Thanks!
  • edited November 2016
    @aduvidi ;
    The bug mentioned in this thread is for older boards which use a different SOC than the MetaMotion boards.  We are testing a fix to address the issue you and others have reported with the metamotion boards.
  • @aduvidi ;
    We just released a firmware update to address this issue
This discussion has been closed.