Update to specific firmware version

Hi

Is it possible to update my sensors to a specific firmware version?

I am currently developing a product and I want to ship all the current and future products with the firmware version. It is therefore not desirable to use the MetaWear Android application to update my sensors, because the application always updates to the latest firmware.

Comments

• edited October 2016
    Unfortunately it is not possible with the current API.  The API will always retrieve the most recent firmware available and we recommend that users use the latest firmware.
  • @Eric,

Is it possible for us to download the firmware bin file? I can only find v1.1.3 and v1.2.1. Sometimes when we found the latest version is not compatible with our application, we would like to roll back to the previous stable version.
  • edited October 2016
    If you have compatibility issues with the latest firmware, you need to tell us rather than silently reverting back to previous firmware versions.

I can add in a function to the API that will download a specific version as opposed to always grabbing the latest.
  • @Eric. Here's the compatibility issue. When we upgrade the sensors to 1.2.4/1.2.5, the following code will get a timeout exception after 8500ms when trying to set up a data route. The snippet worked well with 1.2.1.

• The code snippet you provided ran without any timeout issues on my Android device.   Did the motion route or logged data route time out?

You could try moving the accel_module functions L26 - 28 into the accelHandler.
This discussion has been closed.