battery issues Meta Motion R
I bought a Meta Motion R and do have some issues with battery life time. I use the lipo battery 100mA and run the last firmware (1.3.2)
On my android smartphone I run latest Metawear APP.
- I charge the Meta Motion R for a day to be sure that the battery is full.
- Then I leave the Meta Motion R laying on a table / no movement at all
- I close all my apps on my smartphone so there is no connection over bluetooth
- I do not change any settings (advertising interval eg.) at all. (this is also a issue, I can not change any settings at all, see down)
- After two days the battery is down to 1% and after connecting and reading some sensor value the battery is dead and I have to charge the battery again.
While buying this sensor I informed about the lifetime of the battery when the sensor was lying on a table (no movement) and by then I was said that the battery would last 4 weeks.
- Is it normal that the battery is dead after 2 days of not using the sensor? do you have any idea what could be the issue?
- And is it possible to do something to reduce power consumption?
- In the android app there is the field 'settings'. with the fields (device name / advertising interval / advertising timeout / advertising TX power). they are all empty. What values can I fill in here? does that solve any issues? What are the default values?
- I can fill in these values and then press 'save' , but nothing happens?
- disconnecting the sensor and connecting it again and opening the settings again shows empty fields (although I changed them?)
- what values do I have to fill in? what do you advise? could this solve my issue?
After solving the battery issue mentioned above I want to create the following functionality:
- several sensors connected to a bluetooth gateway (raspberry pi)
- Stage 1: Sensor laying on the table / no movement: sensor in sleeping mode only sending information 1 time per 5 seconds (life-beat) . Only sending battery status information. No sensor movement data sent
- Stage 2: Sensor lifted from table / movement: Sensor awakes. sending 10 times a second sensor movement information (sensor fusion / quarternions / eulers). while it is moved it remains sending movement information.
- Stage 3: Sensor back on the table: Sensor back into sleep mode after 5 seconds not being moved
Could you please advise me how to create the above mentioned functionality?
which parameters (advertise interval eg.) should be changed during the different stages?
hope to hear
This discussion has been closed.