How to customize existing firmware

can you provide firmware source code, so that i can customize that firmware and load it to test, 
Please guide us how to customize or create firmware for metawear.

Comments

• We are not releasing the firmware code at this point in time.  

If you want to write your own firmware, you will need to purchase your own development kit.  You can check out our firmware guide on docs page:
  • samsgates,
    Our firmware contains proprietary code that we are not legally allowed to open source.

You should check out this project: https://mbed.org/platforms/Nordic-nRF51822/

I also wrote a firmware dev guide on the development page at www.mbientlab.com/docs, you should check it out since a few folks have already started doing native dev for MetaWear. 
  • Hi,

I don't think it's possible to add some simple code to the firmware without rewriting a firmware from scratch.
    Is it something that would be available in a near future?
    Thanks,
  • No this will not be available in the future. We don't intend MetaWear users to write their own firmware; if there is a feature you need you should file a metawear feature request in the proper community forum category.
  • There are customers who regard your product as dev kit.
    For them small template project will be really appreciated.

For example I will not spend time once again in writing accelerometer code.

But of course it is your product and your decision to not support such customers.
  • buslik,

We are actually in the process of enabling MBED for firware developers on our platform. I'll keep you updated on our progress.
  • Dear Laura,
     it is really good news. Thanks a lot.
  • Curious if the MBED functionality ever got implemented?
    Thanks, Mark.
  • MBED support was not added.
This discussion has been closed.