Metamotion C Sensor Fusion 'Not Enabled'

Hey there,

I am using the Metamotion C and have been trying to use the sensor fusion functions but have been unable to get Sensor Fusion to work. 

It has been updated to FW1.3.4 through the iOS MetaWearAPI App test + hard reset(battery in/out), however streaming with any of the Sensor Fusion Modes with any Output Data types causes the app to hard crash back to home screen. 

Gyrometer and Accelerometer functions are streaming values just fine through the app.

I tried testing if I could get Sensor Fusion data through the other iOS MetaBase App, by going through 'Stream' or 'Log' and enabling Quaternion or Linear Acceleration through Config. Pressing 'Start' yields the following error:
"The Device is not yet enabled for sensor fusion, please contact MbientLab. Please try again."

Any help would be appreciated!

Comments

• Can you check using an Android device?  If the same issue still persists, this could be a serious issue and you should contact support directly.  See the last section on the "Troubleshooting" guide.

• Thanks for the reply! 

I have run through the apps with an Android device and found the following:
    1. Metawear App: Navigation to sensor fusion and pressing "Start sampling" causes the app to go back to "Select Device" screen

2. Metawear App: Navigating to Magnetometer yields the following error "Magnetometer module(sensor) is not supported on this board" and the the 'Start Sampling board" is now greyed out. 

3. MetaBase App: Enabling 'Quaternion' option in the 'Configure' screen yields the following error: 
    ""Failed to configure sensor(msg = 'Attempt to invoke interface method 'com.mbientlab.metawear.ConfigEditorBase com.mbientlab.metawear.module.MagnetometerBmm150.configure()' on a null object reference').

Interestingly enough, in the MetaWearApiTest app on iOS, the magnetometer function/graph does not appear at all. I think at this point, something is up with the Magentometer module on the board.
  • edited August 2017
    Yeah, the root cause definitely does appear to be with the magnetometer.  Please contact the support team directly with this update at outlined in the "Returns and Exchanges" policy.
This discussion has been closed.