How to re-order axis if possible

I am using a Metamotion R mounted on a bikes front fork. The way its mounted means that the button and LED ligth i on the side that is up/down (close to 90degrees). In other words, looking at bike from the side gives me a view of the LED light and the button.

My issue is that when changes the angle of the bike up and down (like uphill and downhill) gives more or less the same change to roll and yaw - where I expect it only to be roll to be changed. Tilting the sensor to different positions and rotating along the other two axis gives changes only to these axis. But thats not the case when mounting the sensor on the bike as mentioned. Is it gimball lock

Comments

• As mentioned in the other thread, please provide data that illustrates this issue.  Without seeing the data, the only suggestion I can provide right now is to use quaternions instead.

Which axes are you referring to when you say "the other two axis"?

Can you also attach an image of the mounting position?  I think I have the right orientation in my head but I want to be sure we are both on the same page.
This discussion has been closed.