Beacon with accelerometer data?

I can put metawear in iBeacon mode, and I've seen the "setScanResponse" thread which seems like it only works with static data. Can someone provide an example on how you would advertise the accelerometer data on a 1 second interval?

It's not clear if I can do this through the API or if it requires firmware changes. We want to use this in an application because it extend the battery life significantly. Ruuvi tags support this, but the metawear form factor is better, so I'd like to be able to do it!

Comments

• It's not possible with scan response. iBeacon could work but it would the API would need to support splitting the data across both major and minor values.

• Thanks Eric, so you're saying we could use this (from API docs) where DataToken is part of the accel data? I'll need to dig in as I don't know what a DataToken is, and the API docs are pretty generic.

IBeacon.ConfigEditor major(DataToken major)

I can parse on the scanner all day long, that's a none issue. I just want the accel data published in the advertisement every 100ms.

• Eric, maybe you're saying this isn't possible today? I got to here (C#), and this will advertise a short that's related to the accel data, but I think too much info is lost in the translation from IDataToken to a short, and I have no way to control this conversion in the API. Is there anyway to put it in a URI/URL as a string? Eddystone isn't supported? This is a bummer because it means we can't use metawear :/

await accelerometer.PackedAcceleration.AddRouteAsync(source => source.React(async data =>
            {
                var value = data;
                beacon.SetMajor(data);   
            }));

• As I stated in my previous post:

@Eric said:
    It's not possible with scan response. iBeacon could work but it would the API would need to support splitting the data across both major and minor values.

This discussion has been closed.