CPRO stuck in Metaboot

I have two CPRO boards that I backed on Kickstarter. They were working. But yesterday, when I pulled out the boards to use them in a project, one of them got stuck in Metaboot mode. I can't do anything. I tried to update the firmware but the Metabase app throws up errors. I can't run diagnostics and I certainly can't reset or anything like that. It seems to hang in Metaboot, trying to reset and but failing to leave Metaboot. Any ideas on how I can get it out of Metaboot?

Comments

• What kind of errors does the app show?

Try putting a fresh battery before doing a firmware update.

• @Eric said:
    What kind of errors does the app show?

Try putting a fresh battery before doing a firmware update.

Well, right now I can't even connect Bluetooth! I don't have a fresh battery on hand, but I'll try with a fresh battery as soon as I get one. But is that my only option? Isn't there some other way I can force new firmware on to board?

See

• Your behavior suggests the battery doesn't have enough charge to power the board through the entire firmware update cycle.

• @Eric said:
    Your behavior suggests the battery doesn't have enough charge to power the board through the entire firmware update cycle.

I literally just opened up a fresh battery to put into the board. I can connect to bluetooth more regularly but it's still stuck in Metaboot mode and I can't seem to push through firmware with the "update firmware" button. Here are some new screenshots.

• PS. This is what I get when I used the "update firmware" button and I can't use the "run diagnostic" button at all :(

• edited May 2018
    • How far in the firmware update do you get before it fails?
    • What message are printed in Logcat?
    • Try doing an update using an iOS device
  • My device is in exactly same state. Does it work with iOS ?

• I tried on iOS, device is not coming in scan list

• Load the sample app on your iOS device and switch the scan to MetaBoot mode.
    https://github.com/mbientlab/MetaWear-SampleApp-iOS

This discussion has been closed.