Prevent MetaWearR device from going to sleep

Hello,

We would like to use one of the devices, we purchased, in clinical research trials. The problem is that device is going to sleep frequently... How can I configure the device to not to go to sleep? Preferably, using JavaScript SDK...

Maybe (but not necessarily) when pressing the button disable sleep and when pressing again enable it?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

Comments

• What do you mean by "going to sleep frequently"? The boards do not sleep unless explicitly instructed to.

• Maybe not a deep but some kind of shallow sleep or standby. When we using metabase app we constantly see a sensor icon flipping from connected to disconnected state if not moving the sensor... When we shake the sensor it wakes up and connects. This behavior we cannot afford in clinical trials... We need consistency... Would you suggest update someone FW parameters using SDK to solve it?

• Well, it's probably BLE...

I quote from your documentation: Unlike classic Bluetooth, BLE remains in sleep mode constantly except for when a connection is initiated.

Any suggestions?

• @mraxn said:
    Maybe not a deep but some kind of shallow sleep or standby. When we using metabase app we constantly see a sensor icon flipping from connected to disconnected state if not moving the sensor... When we shake the sensor it wakes up and connects.

• Please post a video showing this behavior
    • What device are you are running MetaBase on (os and model)?

• Have you tested with other devices / platforms?
    • Does the same behavior happen with other boards?

• What are the hardware, firmware, and model numbers of the boards?
  • Hi Eric,

This is happening on Azus Zenbook 3 laptop with Windows 10, using MetaBase app downloaded from Microsoft store.
    This behavior is for all the boards. After playing with sensors and MetaBase app on MetaHub (which is different from the Windows version) we didn't see this happening. I can guess that this is a matter of how the Windows MetaBase app is implemented and not the sensor issue...

This discussion has been closed.