MetaTracker sensor data into the advertising data beacon

edited February 2019 in Android

How to use MetaTracker beacon mode to send the sensor data into the advertising data?

Comments

• https://mbientlab.com/androiddocs/3/advanced_features.html#data-token

Depending on how fast you are sampling data, this may not be a feasible option. You will also need to convert the advertised sensor data to the actual measured value .

• Our plan is to get the data every 90 seconds once.
    Additional question:
    Can we put both accelerometer data and temperature data in data-token and advertise?

• Not with the current Android api. You can do either or with ibeacon data but you will need to full scan response packet to use both.

• edited February 2019

When you say full scan response packet, are you talking about directly connecting to board and accessing the data?
    I am trying to scan(access) iBeacon with android app but it's unable to receive any data. Do you have iBeacon sample app?

• @Amasidda said:
    When you say full scan response packet, are you talking about directly connecting to board and accessing the data?

No, I'm talking about a general BLE scan

I am trying to scan(access) iBeacon with android app but it's unable to receive any data.

Maybe your app does not support the iBeacon protocol. Use the "nRF Connect" app for all your BLE functions.

Do you have iBeacon sample app?

No