Sensor fusion and raw data

Hi everyone,

I have been using the MetamotionR sensor for clinical motion analysis. I have no programming background, but recently got to grips with Matlab to process the data offline.

Can anyone explain to me how I can retrieve the output from the sensor fusion (euler or quaternion) module and simultaneously obtain the raw accelerometer/gyroscope/mag data.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Luckshman

Comments

• edited March 2019

There is no straight forward way to do it and streaming both the fused and raw data is not recommeded by us.

Your options here are:

1. Log all output
    2. Stream one, log the other
    3. Stream all but at reduced frequencies
  • @Eric said:
    There is no straight forward way to do it and streaming both the fused and raw data is not recommeded by us.

Your options here are:

1. Log all output

Thank you for your response Eric.

Unfortunately I cannot see how any of these options would work as when I select euler angles or quaternions, accelerometer/gyro/mag are automatically removed from my list of sensor modalities. This also happens the opposite way round - if I select acc, gyro or mag - euler and quaternions are removed.

This happens in stream or log mode with my device (metabase app on iphone).

Is there another platform I should be using to collect the data?

Thanks again for your support.

Luckshman

• @Luckshman said:

@Eric said:

Your options here are:

1. Log all output

Is there another platform I should be using to collect the data?

No, this is the intended behavior of MetaBase and our recommended way of using sensor fusion.