Getting gyro direction vector from a MetaMotionR device

Hi,

I am working on a C++ project in which I need the gyro direction vector from a MetaMotionR device when the button is pressed. The platform is Ubuntu 11.10 with gcc 4.6.1 which has no c++11 support. So the latest version of MetaWear-SDK-Cpp does not compile on my target platform. My Questions are:

1) Do I need to compile the SDK, or Warble, or both?
2) Which versions of the SDK and Warble is compilable in my platform (possibly with c++0x option)?

I appreciate any additional recommendations.

Comments

• edited March 2019

@adnanbaysal said:

Only the C++ SDK is required. You can plugin whatever Bluetooth LE stack you want.

2) Which versions of the SDK and Warble is compilable in my platform (possibly with c++0x option)?

You can try compiling the latest verions with c++0x. I don't believe there is any c++11 specific code in those projects though you should at least be using gcc 4.8.

• @Eric said:

@adnanbaysal said:

Only the C++ SDK is required. You can plugin whatever Bluetooth LE stack you want.

You can try compiling the latest verions with c++0x. I don't believe there is any c++11 specific code in those projects though you should at least be using gcc 4.8.

Thank you for the quick replay :) I have tried compiling with c++0x but did not work for the latest version (probably because of unordered map). Unfortunately I cannot change the gcc version because of the project requirements. Only the first release (0.1) compiled in my environment. I will try that one.