Sampling frequency MetaMotionR

Hi,

In my lab we are interested in the MetaMotionR.
We have the following questions though:

• can the sensor reach a sampling frequency of 200 Hz (raw gyro + raw acc)? In streaming-mode or logging-mode?
  • we need the data form multiple MetaMotionRs to be in sync. Is data tagged with timestamp with a common clock source?
  • is the C/C++ API for receiver station available for Raspberry Pi (3B+)?

Thanks for any help!

Davide

Comments

• can the sensor reach a sampling frequency of 200 Hz (raw gyro + raw acc)? In streaming-mode or logging-mode?

Yes, in logging mode. Only 100Hz in streaming mode.

we need the data form multiple MetaMotionRs to be in sync. Is data tagged with timestamp with a common clock source?

All data is timestamped. There is a section about synching the data in our tutorials.

is the C/C++ API for receiver station available for Raspberry Pi (3B+)?

Yes, but I recommend using our Python or Javascript APIs for the Pi. We also give away the hub image for free at the moment (with all the APIs pre-loaded as a PI image (to be put on a SD card))

• Hi Laura, thanks for the above answers.

Yes, in logging mode. Only 100Hz in streaming mode.

Ok. Can the receiving station get data in a wireless mode, after the logging stage?

Yes, but I recommend using our Python or Javascript APIs for the Pi.

Ok, I will dig more into the documentation then. We have the need to integrate the data reading code in a C tool that already read data from other devices, that is why.

Apologize for not reading the tutorial yet, I am just in an early stage of assessing what's available on the market.

Regards
    Davide

• Ok. Can the receiving station get data in a wireless mode, after the logging stage?

Yes, of course (you get your smartphone or hub to download from the sensor log memory using bluetooth).