Connection problem

I just started to use two Metawear sensors, and they did work when connecting from the Android app.
However, some problems are happening when running the Python examples on my Ubuntu 18.04.
The scan_connect.py script doesn't find the devices, while led.py connects, but raises a "buffer overflow" error, as follows:

error 1580812080.589099: Error on line: 296 (src/blestatemachine.cc): Operation now in progress
*** buffer overflow detected ***: python terminated
Aborted (core dumped)

I generated the logs of both examples using btmon, as suggested in another thread (attached).
I can see the devices on the system GUI, and bluetoothctl also finds them.

Comments

• Can you test them one at a time and send the diagnostic for one of the sensors to this thread? www.mbientlab.com/troubleshooting. I want to make sure your metawear is running the latest firmware.

• edited February 2020

I started to use a BT dongle, and one of them is now working, which has firmware 1.4.5. The other, which has firmware 1.4.4, started to show another error message (btmon log attached).
    I still can find both devices using bluetoothctl.

error 1580849540.282953: Error on line: 296 (src/blestatemachine.cc): Operation now in progress
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "led.py", line 11, in
    device.connect()
    File "/home/caetano/.virtualenvs/venv/lib/python3.6/site-packages/mbientlab/metawear/metawear.py", line 195, in connect
    raise result[0]
    mbientlab.warble.WarbleException: Timed out while trying to connect to remote device

• Can you update everything to 1.5.0?