board disconnected after use RED color LED

Issue 1 :  i have tested my metawear board from IOS app (iphone 4s), board is disconnected automatically after use RED color LED, all other colors are working fine. i need to disconnect the power and plug it again for recovering back.
Issue 2 : Response string value not updated into UIlabel immediately, if i tab check temperature, it's take more than 1minute to display the value into screen.

Query : what is the usage of "RESET" device, kindly confirm whether we need to update firmware again after use RESET option from mobile.

Comments

• edited August 2014
    1. The LED uses more current than the USB port can provide which can cause the board to "crash" or what ever. If you attach the battery it works fine.
    2. The slow update of the Labels happens because the call-back-block is not executed on the main thread. If you update the UI on the main thread it changes immediately. The board it self only needs about 0.05s to respond.
    3. I don't know what the reset button does. Maybe it turns off the LED and stuff like that. I tried it and everything is still working.
  • samsgates, is it working properly with the battery soldered to the board?
  • Yes, it's working fine in battery mode, Thanks
This discussion has been closed.