Modify the Metawear C Firmware

Hi,

I am pretty new to the Metawear. So please pardon me if I am asking very dumb question!

I want to understand the current functionality of the Metawear Firmware and how can I modify the same to customized it according to my requirement?
Also please let me know from where I can download the necessary documents and what should be the development environment for the firmware for Metawear.

Thanks,
Dhaval

Comments

• Our firmware is not open source.  However, we have no qualms with users who want to write their own firmware and the MbientLab website has a Getting Started guide on setting up the environment for writing your own firmware.  This post by Matt may help with confusion you might have with the pin layout.
  • Hi Eric,

Thanks for your quick response!

So that means we won't get the source code of existing Metawear firmware. And we need to write our own firmware, for metawear, from scratch. Correct?

Regards,
    Dhaval
  • Yes, that is correct.
  • Thanks Eric.
  • Hello Eric,

The link you are pointing to for getting started with our own firmware is not working. Is the information somewhere else, even if it is outdated and no longer officially supported?
  • This pdf should get you pointed in the right direction though it is 2.5 yrs old
  • Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.