iBeacon mode not transmitting Manufacturer Specific Data

After updating my Metawear-C to firmware 1.2.5, I found that iBeacon mode seems to be broken.  After enabling iBeacon via the metawear app, the advertising record from the board is not transmitting a FF record (Manufacturer Specific Data).  Without this record, we can't verify the 0x004C company id to identify the device as an iBeacon.

Has anyone else seen this?

Comments

• I can still see Manufacturer ID with the nRF Connect (Android) app when using firmware v1.2.5.
  • So it is, my mistake! :)
  • So I've had some more time with the board today.  There's definitely something weird going on.  I set the board to iBeacon mode and it's fine for a while, then it seems to turn iBeacon mode off on its own because I stop seeing the FF record.  Using nRF I see no FF record and nRF does not show the "(iBeacon)" string after the name.

I'm on 1.2.5... not sure what else I can provide here.
  • How long is "some time"? I enabled ibeacon mode on an rpro for 8 hours and it advertised fine all day.

Did you use a fresh battery during your tests?
  • "Some time" was a matter of minutes.  However, the battery is not fresh, metawear app shows it at 75. 
  • Unfortunately I am not seeing this issue with both a C and CRPO board.  It seems like your board is resetting while in iBeacon mode.  To check this, program a macro that turns on the LED when the board boots.
  • I put a fresh battery in and it seems to be fine now.  Odd that there's so much trouble with a 75% battery.
This discussion has been closed.