Problems with free fall detector tutorial (Android)

As I'm a total newbie I tried to follow the tutorials to get a feeling for the whole thing. After the first tutorial (https://mbientlab.com/tutorial/android/java/) I received data from the sensor and everything worked fine. Afterwards I tried to follow the free fall tutorial, but it doesn't work (no matter if I'm using the project provided on GitHub or if I'm writing it on my own, following the steps in the provided videos).

I got the following messages in logcat:

11-23 21:00:19.428 22854-22854/com.mbientlab.freefalldetector W/System: ClassLoader referenced unknown path: /data/app/com.mbientlab.freefalldetector-1/lib/arm64
11-23 21:00:19.438 22854-22854/com.mbientlab.freefalldetector I/InstantRun: Instant Run Runtime started. Android package is com.mbientlab.freefalldetector, real application class is null.
11-23 21:00:19.508 22854-22854/com.mbientlab.freefalldetector W/System: ClassLoader referenced unknown path: /data/app/com.mbientlab.freefalldetector-1/lib/arm64

I don't know where the "-1" after "freefalldetector" comes from, but I guess it's part of the problem. When I'm trying to press the app's buttons on my phone, the app crashes. What could cause the problem and how can I fix it?

Android version: 7.0
Android studio version: 2.2.2

Comments

This discussion has been closed.