C# (Xamarin) version of SDK

I see a number of users trying to build xamarin bindings for iOS/Android and they face different issues. Even after this phase they are unable to leverage the complete benefits of code sharing between multiple platforms. I will request Metawear to provide pure C# sdk version (not C# wrapper over C++).

Regards,
--Asad

Comments

• At this time, we do not have the man power to support platforms outside of Android and iOS.  All support for additional platforms, such as a Cordova plugin, NodeJS API, and a Python API around the C++ code, are provided by community members who donate their spare time and effort.

We are more than happy to work with developers to create open source APIs to improve MetaWear support across new platforms.
  • Are you open to share all documentation needed to develop sdk from scratch? Because if we develop SDK for Xamarin platform, we will write in pure C# but not build them over Java and Objective C as bindings.
  • You can check out the source code for our existing APIs to find what you need to build your own API, which is what the NodeJS author did.  The C++ API is probably the easiest to understand so I'd start looking there first to get a feel for how the APIs communicate with the boards.
This discussion has been closed.