Sensor Fusion Algorithm?

I'm looking forward to the new board announced on Kickstarter.  Is it possible to get the MetaMotion sensor fusion algorithm or even source?  I have some data I previously collected by streaming high frequency accelerometer and gyro, as well as magnetometer and barometer from CPRO and I would be interested in running it through the sensor fusion algorithm you implemented.

Thanks.

Comments

• edited December 2016
    The sensor fusion code is proprietary software licensed from Bosch, not our own solution.  For the moment, your best bet is to use an open source sensor fusion library, however, having the sensor fusion run independent of the MetaMotion firmware is something we have considered.
  • Thank you for the information.  If people have recommendation for open source sensor fusion libraries, feel free to share.
  • You could use the DCM filter by Madgwick:
    Python implementation:

A Kalman-Filter based approach should generally perform better but at least I do not know of any OS implementation.

However you will probably have issues running the sensor fusion afterwards since you didn't calibrate the magnetometer beforehand.
This discussion has been closed.