Getting G Shock Data from a MBLAccelerometerBMI160.lowOrHighGEvent

In the code below, I would like to know, when there is a HighGEvent, how "many g's" the event was. I understand that I have set a highGThreshold to 4.0 so the HighGEvent is at least 4.0 g's but what I would like to know is the max gForce near the HighGEvent, doesn't have to be exact. 

What I am trying to do is add a fun circular gauge to an app that fills relative to how hard on athlete has swung aka how man G's the athlete created with their swing. I see that the MBLDataSample.csvRepresentation has what looks like a timestamp,05 every time I cause a HighGEvent: 1490326125.221333,05

Does the lowOrHighGEvent return any data that I might be missing, perhaps in a later version of MetaWear C firmware and/or hardware?

If I can't find any information about the G forces involved in the HighGEvent, does the MetaWear C log this information about the most recent HighGEvent?

MBLAccelerometerBMI160 *accelerometer = (MBLAccelerometerBMI160 *)device.accelerometer;

accelerometer.fullScaleRange = MBLAccelerometerBoschRange16G;

accelerometer.lowOrHighGEvent.lowGEnabled = NO;
        accelerometer.lowOrHighGEvent.highGThreshold = 4.0;
        accelerometer.lowOrHighGEvent.highGEnabledAxis = MBLAccelerometerAxisX;

[accelerometer.lowOrHighGEvent startNotificationsWithHandlerAsync:^(MBLDataSample *result, NSError *error) {
            NSLog(@G Shock Data: %@", [result data]);
        }];

Comments

• The low/high event provided by the BMI160 does not record the actual acceleration measured, only which axis triggered the event and in what direction.  You can instead use the threshold filter provided by the firmware since you need the acceleration data.
This discussion has been closed.