What's the use of MetaHub?

Hello!
I am intending to use MetaMotionR+ for my Senior Design Project for Gait Analysis. Will be using six of those. I wanted to know that what is the use of MetaHub? All the devices have individual Bluetooth connection capability, so will not I be able to receive the data from all the devices directly on my laptop or android device for processing? Where does MetaHub fit in?

Regards,
Syed Ali Raza

Comments

• MetaHub is meant for using >6 boards simultaneously, provided you have enough Bluetooth dongles for your cluster.

If you couldn't send data from the boards to your PC or Android device, we wouldn't have C# or Android SDKs.
  • Ok so my understanding is that we will be able to receive data directly from sensors to my laptop.

The plan is, I will be using 6 sensors (MetaMotionR+) and want to receive data from all of them simultaneously on my laptop (Bluetooth 4.0). Sorry if I am repeating my question, but will I be able to connect 6 of these sensors to my laptop's in-built Bluetooth module (4.0) simultaneously and receive data from all of them at the same time on my laptop without needing the MetaHub as a bridge/middleman?
  • You can try though whether or not it is successful will depend on your bt adapter + drivers.  Even if everything goes smoothly, you won't be able to run all of the boards at 100Hz bandwidth simultaneously so you either need to reduce the sampling frequencies, attach additional Bluetooth USB dongles to your machine, or use second host device.

We don't recommend using more than 2 boards per BT adapter but again, your mileage may vary.
This discussion has been closed.