Question about data collection mode in MetaHub

Hi Forum,
When I use the MetaHub to collect data, there are two modes("stream" and "log") for selection.
I just wondering if it is possible to alter the collection mode between "stream" and "log" when the distance between MetaHub and MetaWear changes.
Where and how to modify the code of "MetaBase" program in the Desktop?

Thanks a lot!
Best regards.

Comments

• @pengfei123xiao said:
    When I use the MetaHub to collect data, there are two modes("stream" and "log") for selection.
    I just wondering if it is possible to alter the collection mode between "stream" and "log" when the distance between MetaHub and MetaWear changes.

No

The code resides in /home/pi/Apps/MetaBase. Do not modify the code unless you are experienced with NodeJS

• @Eric said:

@pengfei123xiao said:

No

The code resides in /home/pi/Apps/MetaBase. Do not modify the code unless you are experienced with NodeJS

Hi Eric,
    Thanks for answering.
    I am afraid that I do not describe clearly for the first question.
    For the first question, I am asking whether it is possible to write codes to modify the "MetaBase" like that:
    if (distance between MetaWear and MetaHub is smaller than X)
    implement "Stream" mode
    else
    implement "Log" mode

Thanks again.

• @pengfei123xiao said:

@Eric said:

@pengfei123xiao said:

No

Hi Eric,
    Thanks for answering.
    I am afraid that I do not describe clearly for the first question.
    For the first question, I am asking whether it is possible to write codes to modify the "MetaBase" like that:
    if (distance between MetaWear and MetaHub is smaller than X)
    implement "Stream" mode
    else
    implement "Log" mode

Thanks again.

Oh ok. In that case, yes, you could use RSSI values to approximate distance.

This discussion has been closed.