Lost data

Hello,

I would like some help with a problem I encountered today with the MetaBase application.

I was using two MetaMotionR for mouvement analysis and did a data collection for about 10 minutes with the application on an Android Smartphone.
The frequencies were 800 Hz for both accelerometer and gyroscope in log mode.

After the successful transfer to the phone as seen in image below, data were nowhere to be found on my phone, even with usb connection on a computer.

Is it an issue you know about ?
Can I do something to recover my lost data collection ?

Thank you for your help
atouron

Comments

• Can you try to download the data from one sensor at a time?

• No, unfortunately I can only start a new session.

• edited July 2019

Did you see a progress bar duringth download or did it go straight to the checkmark?

Data is stored in the public "Downloads" folder. Try searching that path with a file explorer app.

• Yes, there was a progress bar during the download, but my data are not in the "Downloads" folder. There is only old data collection.

So, my question is : are data still stored in sd card after the transfer ? Is it possible to access sd card ?

Thank you

• @atouron said:
    Yes, there was a progress bar during the download, but my data are not in the "Downloads" folder. There is only old data collection.

Hrm, I assume your phone has available space?

So, my question is : are data still stored in sd card after the transfer ? Is it possible to access sd card ?

There is no SD card on the board. After a download, the data is erased from the flash memory.

• Ah I didn't know there was no SD card, my apologies.
    Thank you for this information.

So if I want to log data (800 Hz for both accelerometer and gyroscope) the maximal time according to the Calculator on you site is 00:00:05:28. If I go beyond that, are data cut ? Or is it possible that the transfer goes wrong ?

• @atouron said:
    Ah I didn't know there was no SD card, my apologies.
    Thank you for this information.

So if I want to log data (800 Hz for both accelerometer and gyroscope) the maximal time according to the Calculator on you site is 00:00:05:28. If I go beyond that, are data cut ?

Depends on if you enable log overwriting or not.

Or is it possible that the transfer goes wrong ?

Unlikely