MetaHub Issue-Python fail install metawear

Hi,

Board Information:
i'm using your MetaHub+MetMotionR.

I'm trying to buil my own app on the MetaHub with Python.
When I follow the Tutorial https://mbientlab.com/tutorials/LPython2.html, when I try to "sudo pip install metawear" the MetaHub start to overheat and fail the installation. I've tried both Pyton2.7 and Python3.

If i didn't install the metawear library I can't use the Python-SDK examples and build my App.

I really appeciate your support.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Caterina Russo

Comments

• Can you post more information, screenshots, videos? Please refer to "How to Post"

• Hi Laura,
    thanks for your answer.
    Sure, this is what I get when I try the command "sudo pip install metawear" :

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo pip install metawear
    Collecting metawear
    Using cached https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/f0/f2/804d95c4adffb09cafc2bd388b1c5e92c1936a20cdd486d348f5024d3ac0/metawear-0.7.0.tar.gz
    Requirement already satisfied: requests in /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages (from metawear)
    Requirement already satisfied: warble<2.0,>=1.1 in /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages (from metawear)
    Building wheels for collected packages: metawear
    Running setup.py bdist_wheel for metawear ... \

And then the raspberry remains stuck.
    I've waited a lot of time but nothing change.

Please write me if you need more info

Best Regards,
    Caterina Russo

• Why are you installing something that is already installed on the Metahub?
    It seems you are running our of stack/mem space on the install.

• Dear Laura,
    ups...you're right! thank you so much! Now with Python everithing it is fine.

Instead, when I try to use the Javascript exmples (I've tried with sudo node multi_dev.js) I've got this:
    pi@raspberrypi:~/MetaWear-SDK-JavaScript/examples $ sudo node multi_device.js
    module.js:550
    throw err;
    ^

Error: Cannot find module 'debug'
    at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:548:15)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:475:25)
    at Module.require (module.js:597:17)
    at require (internal/module.js:11:18)
    at Object. (/home/pi/MetaWear-SDK-JavaScript/lib/metawear.js:4:13)
    at Module._compile (module.js:653:30)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:664:10)
    at Module.load (module.js:566:32)
    at tryModuleLoad (module.js:506:12)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:498:3)

Please could you help me again?
    Thank you so much for your answers.

Best Regards,
    Caterina Russo

• edited January 27
  • Dear Laura,
    thanks for your answers.
    I would lik to ask you a more generic question. The goal of my research project is to connect and logging data for 9 sensors simoultanusly for a short time I have to recod some sport activities (few minutes of logging, then download and again logging). Which is the best way of proceed? It is better to modify the Metawear app already install on the MetaHub or build a completly new app (in Python or JavaScript) ?
    I really appreciate your help.
    Best Regards,
    Caterina

• I recommend our Javascript libraries running on a Linux system. A raspberryPi is ok but a full Linux computer would be better (something like an Intel Nuc running Ubuntu for example). Our Javascript APIs run on a more reliable bluetooth backend.