Could not run examples in Javascript SDK

Hi all,

I'm having some troubles with my new mmr device.
I'm trying to follow the instruction to run javascript examples on Ubuntu 18.04. When I ran the command
sudo node led.js mac_id
the terminal didn't output anything forever.

Then I tried the same with the python SDK and it succeed without any problem. But I really need the Javascript SDK to work.
I've upgrade the mmr device to the latest firmware (1.5) and the hardware version is 0.4.
Any advice would be pretty much appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• did you actually write mac_id?

• edited September 2020

no, I wrote my device's mac addr. As I mentioned before, I ran the example successfully with python but not javascript.

• No enough information to help unfortunately. Please see our "how to post".

• @Laura said:
    No enough information to help unfortunately. Please see our "how to post".

Board Information
    Hardware revision [0.4]
    Firmware revision [1.5.0]
    Model number [5]

Host Device Information
    Device model [Thinkpad x390]
    OS version [Ubuntu 18.04 LTS]

Description
    What is the expected behavior? connect to the mmr device successfully
    What is observed behavior? no output to console
    What is the set of steps that produces the observed behavior? Run the following command: sudo node led.js mac_addr

SDK version
    Original Javascript SDK in the github.
    Development platform: Nodejs 8.0.0 installed by NVM.
    Just the basic examples in the source code and there is no output for tracing.

• Not enough information. Will delete this post if no debug information is provided.

• @Laura said:
    Not enough information. Will delete this post if no debug information is provided.

I don't get what you mean when saying the debug information is missing. How could I get the debug information when it output nothing? Can you just run the example in the Javascript SDK yourself? If you can run it successfully, I will delete this post myself, thanks.