Android metawear.apk

Hi,
I would like to download the metawear.apk directly because my manufacturer in China does not have access to google play store. We are having problems awakening some sensors from sleep mode (after charging and pressing the button once, the phone´s BT cannot find the metawear). Does this first connection after waking the sensor needs to be through the metawear app (i.e. does it pass some specific command necessary for the normal functioning of the sensor?). Thank you very much.
Best Regards, Pedro.

Comments

• Yes it needs to be through the MetaWear App.
    We don't have the apk available easily so in the meantime you should just use our example Apps and APIs on github.

• Hi Laura, sorry the delay, we were going through the github as you suggested. I have not found any specific info about the "awakening" of the sensor, could you please point me in the right direction? It would be much easier to solve this if you could provide me the link with the .apk, I can´t see why it would not be available for the end users. Sorry for insisting, but my product production is halted only because we can´t start the sensor. Thank you.
    Br, Pedro.

• edited April 2021

Source code for Android examples Apps: https://github.com/mbientlab/MetaWear-Tutorial-Android
    We don't have apks. We just have the Android studio projects. You can make your own apks from those.

• edited April 2021

Hi Laura!

• @Leandro_Prado said:
    Hi Laura, we checked the tutorial and all the examples of the Git Hub that you made available, but none of them demonstrates how to make the sensor wake up. Could you please state precisely what function and method used to make the sensor wake up and what should be the sequence of use of the methods. Because as in the photo, you must first pair the sensor and then wake it up.
    I hope you understand that we have stopped the project for 10 days because we were unable to wake the sensor.
    Sorry for the insistence. Which of these classes / methods should be used?

https://mbientlab.com/documents/metawear/android/3/allclasses-noframe.html

• edited April 2021

The sensor wake up without the API. You just need to plug them into power and/or push the button on it once.
    Please see our getting started page on the site.

• Laura,
    I believe that you have not understood our problem. We are having problems awakening some sensors from sleep mode (after charging and pressing the button once, the phone´s BT cannot find the metawear). Does this first connection after waking the sensor needs to be through the app.

Sorry for the insistence. Which of these classes / methods should be used?

• edited April 2021

I don't really understand. The sensors are not asleep after you press the button.

Sounds more like a connection issue to me. Have you tried using other devices like an iOS device? You can even use a generic BLE sniffer to determine if the device is advertising.

There is no API call here, it's some kind of fundamental issue. Make sure you follow all the steps on our getting started page and use different smartphones if need be.