Questions regarding battery life

Hello all,

I have a question regarding the battery life of MetaSensors.

For example if we want someone to wear it for 8 hours continuously at work, the sampling rate will be at least 50hz for accelerometer and gyroscope sensors. Will the battery last for 8 hours? And how long does the recharging take?

I also saw the following statements from the website, does anyone has any experience with bigger batteries?

Most MetaSensors can work with bigger batteries too; the MetaMotionR can be attached to an external battery pack if needed.
If you still need more battery life, we can also make custom hardware with bigger batteries through our services.
https://mbientlab.com/tutorials/Calculator.html

Thank you.

Comments

• Will the battery last for 8 hours? Yes.

And how long does the recharging take? 15 minutes for a quick charge. 2 hours for a total charge.

I also saw the following statements from the website, does anyone has any experience with bigger batteries? You just solder any bigger lipo battery to your board.

• Hello Laura,

Thanks for you reply.
    What about the service of custom hardware with bigger batteries? Does Mbient offer any customization service?

• HI @peacesheet,
    Due to the pandemic we are no longer offering services. Sorry for any inconvenience.
    The only time we do customizations is on large custom manufacturing batches (500 MOQ because then it can be done straight at the factory).

• After I did data logging with 2 MMR for 2 hours with data rate at 100, 200, and 400Hz, the battery level of both MMR are still 100%. Is it strange?

• No but was it plugged in? If it's plugged in, sometimes it can say 100% because it is charging.
    Make sure to take battery readings when the item is not charging.
    Also take multiple measurements.