Java Tutorial - Android Starter App Not Working As Expected

Hi everyone - hope someone can assist and lead me in the right direction.

My goal is to create a simple app that scans for the MMC sensor, logs data at specific intervals, and exports to csv at certain intervals. Sounds simple, but I cannot seem to get anywhere. I have done the tutorials, but on the Starter app when I click Scan, it starts the process for scanning but returns back to Scan without finding the device (assuming due to timeout). Is there something I am doing wrong?

The firmware is updated on the sensor as I used the iOS MetaBase app to do that. MetaBase app for Android did not recognize the device.

I am using Android Studio to build on a Lenovo tablet.

Any help is greatly appreciated as I am working on a project which requires the data in the near future. Thanks!!

Comments

• Also for extra tidbit of information - I was able to connect to the sensor using nRF app on the Lenovo tablet.

• The Android apps and APIs are currently being updated. They are a bit outdated so you may have to do some updates yourself in the meantime.
    We expect the update to be completed at the end of the month.

• @Laura said:
    The Android apps and APIs are currently being updated. They are a bit outdated so you may have to do some updates yourself in the meantime.
    We expect the update to be completed at the end of the month.

Thank you! I will wait on the update and hopefully will be good after that!

• Laura,

Any updates on when the Android apps update will be completed? Do you know if the example code will include the calibration code?

• @awsllcjeff said:
    Laura,

Any updates on when the Android apps update will be completed? Do you know if the example code will include the calibration code?

Came here to check status as well (I noticed updates were pushed to a couple of the other repos). Also curious if the starter code will have option to set specific start/stop parameters for logging/downloading data. Thanks!

• I have had a hard time getting to this. If anyone has got some free time. I could use some help. Otherwise you will have to give me til March.