MMS USB download

Hi,

I have recently received 15 MMS sensors, which I plan to log data at 100Hz for ~1 hour at a time on each sensor. Of course, with this amount of data, the Bluetooth download is fairly impractical, so USB download will be very handy. I have seen in a couple of threads that this is coming soon, is there an indication of when it will be available?

Can some insight into how this will work also be given please? Will it be possible to start/stop logging via the mobile apps, then download to computer via USB?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Hi @ThomasMcGuckian
    We are currently working on it but that is exactly how it will work.
    We are hoping to release in the next few weeks. When do you need it by?

• Thanks @Laura, that’s great news. The sooner the better, but the next couple of weeks should be fine.
    Will the computer software run on MacOS, Windows and Linux?

• Are there any examples of how to stream any orientation or data via USB from MMS or is that also still in progress?

• USB download via MMS will be available in about 1 month.

• @Laura, we are waiting for the new feature for downloading through USB.
    Have we news about this new feature? It will available on all the devices?

We're preparing a new App to be used in an experiment during September.
    And we will need to collect data from 10 sensors at a time for 1 hour. Where the participants will wear the devices at 30 m from the computer. So, we think that logging data is better than streaming.

Thank you in advance..

• Hi @Laura
    Is there any new information regarding the firmware update allowing for USB download from the MMS? We would like to use the feature as soon as it's available to work around impractical download times for large data files.
    Thank you!

• Hi @Laura
    As others have mentioned, are we able to get any updates on the progress of this update. It would be very helpful in planning for upcoming data collection.
    Thanks

• Working on it. Planned for the end of this month.

• @Laura said:
    Working on it. Planned for the end of this month.

Appreciate if this is available asap. Thanks

• Hi Laura. Any news on this?

• Hi Laura
    Is it available?
    Thanks

• Hi @Laura, could we please have another update on progress?
    Thank you

• Following this also for some time now. Bought the MMS back in March exactly for this...
    Really not any news on the timeframe for this one?

• Anyone have any luck with this? Even a hacky solution - i.e. can the devices be mounted as an external SSD in some way?

• haven´t found anything yet. We will probably have to wait.
    Looking on the timeframes given in this thread, it will be either in 1 month or by the end of the month ;) :D Luckily for them they never specify which month.. :p

• sorry guys, finding a lot of bugs in the usb stack. we need to make sure it is stable before we release so you don't lose any data. Very close now!

• Hi Laura, just checking if there was an update on this topic yet

• USB is released for Python already.

• Any update on when the iOS apps will be updated to start/stop logging for later download?

• edited January 2022

I am not planning on updating the app with this feature in mind. Instead I updated the ios swift test suite to include example code for this use-case so that you can code it yourself.
    That being said the metawear app just got an update and the metabase app is getting updated right now.

• Thanks for the quick response, Laura.

Just so I am clear, the metawear and metabase apps are getting updated, but will not include functionality to start/stop logging for later download over USB, is that right?

If the above is the case, for people that do not know how to code themselves, is there a way to get access to the USB download functionality?

• Hi laura, fantastic news!

As someone who uses the cpp SDK to make interfacing for an openframeworks addon I wanted to know if this exists in the cpp side as well, i quickly went through the commit diffs but didnt see anything obvious like i did in the python repo.

thank you for the update!

• No, the USB works via Python only right now and we will add USB functionality soon.
    If you want to use the CPP SDK you have to add a third party USB/Serial lib yourself.

The connections (BLE and USB) are always abstracted from the CPP.