Reliable Communication between MetaHub and MetaMotionR Sensors
I got my MetaHub loaded with the image from the tutorial page and am attempting to reliably log and download data. While I have managed to do it with 4 out of my 8 sensors once, I still often run into issues.
- I do run 2 bluetooth dongles that were setup according to the turorials page and seem to run okay. For logging this seems to be much less critical as the configuration and download happens 1 by 1 anyway.
- I then simply adjust the metabase-config.json file (log or download) and let it run
Can somebody help me understand some of the issues that i am running into? I don't have much knowledge of whats happening behind the terminal window. Let me know if there are aditional protocols I can provide to help me better understand the issues.
- Could not find device. In one extreme case all 6 sensors could not be found. Usually it is more like 1 or 2 it happens to. In this case I performed a light reset to all sensors and got much better results then. It still happens sometimes though. I assume that low battery or being out of reach are 2 possible problems. With both those eliminated I believe the status of the sensor plays an effect. I assume the sensor unable to "communicate/be configured" while it is (accidentally) logging and does only listen for the download command? What else could be an issue here?
Also happens during downloads
- Unknown entry. It happend a couple of times when I tried to download log files from the sensor. While some sensors download fine, others seem to run into issues. What may cause that?
- Name issue. This happened during a download and seems to have to do with the sensor name. I did previously name my sensors Meta1 to Meta8 using the ESM Board Admin. I use the same names in the config file. Are the names an issue here or is it more an informative line?
- Stuck during logging configuration. Lastly it happened a few times in a row with the same sensor, that the program was stuck at the logging configuration of it. perhaps similar causes as in Issue 1?
I do hope the screenshots I attached for each issue are visible.
All functions seem to work fine sometimes, but I keep running into these issues rather regularly making it currently impossible to relieably retireve a complete set of logging data from a setup with multiple sensors. I am guessing and hoping the issues are on my side and my information provided allows for some assistance,