Module not supported after upgrading the firmware

Hi,

I upgraded my metawear C boards to the latest firmware version 1.2.0 and I am using Android API 2.5.0 on Android M on Nexus 5. However when I call 'mwBoard.getModule(Accelerometer.class) or mwBoard.getModule(Bmi160Accelerometer.class)', the API returned me:

I/Board_Log: com.mbientlab.metawear.UnsupportedModuleException: Module 'Accelerometer' not supported for this firmware version
                                                  at com.mbientlab.metawear.impl.DefaultMetaWearBoard.getModule(DefaultMetaWearBoard.java:4840)
                                                  at com.example.hongyi.foregroundtest.ForegroundService$BoardObject$1.connected(ForegroundService.java:426)
                                                  at com.mbientlab.metawear.MetaWearBleService$GattConnectionState$2.run(MetaWearBleService.java:289)
                                                  at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:423)
                                                  at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:237)
                                                  at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1113)
                                                  at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:588)
                                                  at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:818)

I have not encountered this specific error before. 

Also, my Metawear Sample Android App cannot find any boards even if I've granted the location permission.

Can anyone solve my problem?

Comments

• Ok, my Metawear app is working properly. But in the app, I also got the unsupported module error. I tried to redownload and re-upgrade the firmware but it seemed not working.
  • We discovered an issue with starting up the accelerometer on C and CPro boards with firmware v1.2.0.  There is no reason to be using v1.2.0 unless you have an environment or detector boards; you should rollback to v1.1.3 until we get a fix out.

Download the older C firmware from our website, link here, and use the manual DFU menu option to load the firmware from your Android device.
  • Well I used the metawear sample app to upgrade my 1.0.4 boards to 1.1.3. However the app automatically upgrades to the latest version and caused the problem. And in your firmware release it said that the firmware is applicable for C, CPro and other two products....
  • Firmware v1.2.1 was released to address this issue.
This discussion has been closed.