Incorporating C++ API into existing Visual Studio Win32 project

edited March 2016 in C++
Hello,

I haven't used VS too much, and I was wondering if anyone could show me how to include the metawear C++ API into my project. I tried creating a Windows Runtime Component, but I ran into a bunch of different errors. If someone could show the settings they used with the project properties and what sort of project they added it as, that'd be great!

Thanks,
Alex

Comments

• If you haven't already, please read the Visual Studio section in the README and take a look at the C# Wrapper project for a working example.

What are the errors you are seeing in your build?  I don't think a Windows Runtime component is compatible with a Win32 project.  It is meant to be used in Universal Windows Platform projects.
  • I think that was the problem: winrt isn't compatible with win32. That being said, I was able to build the C# wrapper example. Do you have any ideas about how I could incorporate a dll or one of the other library files that are produced into my C++ application? Or do I just need to find a way to include the C++ API in a different way?
  • edited March 2016
    You can compile the API as a Win32 DLL or integrate the code directly with your project.
This discussion has been closed.