BMI160 questions

Hi all, 

I am working on a health prototype and wanted to ask some general questions about mostly the BMI160. 

In my app, I am interested in the BMI160 for the motion detection (no motion = sleep), step counting and double tap detection. I want to run all three things at the same time. Is this possible?

Another question would be about the way to connect. Would one typically connect to the C / CPRO and then try to stay connected or would one disconect and connect again every 5 minutes or so? As it is BLE, a "silent" connection should not affect the battery life a lot I think. 

Thx for your comments!
Sven

Comments

• There's nothing in the BMI160 spec sheet that suggests you can't run all of those at the same time.  It's possible that something is wrong with the firmware which could have appeared when we were adding support for the BMA255.  We'd have to test this further.

How frequently you connect depends on your use case.  If you are using the on-board logging and are recording infrequent events, then connecting only once per day will suffice possibly even stretching it to once per week.  If you are doing high frequency data sampling, such as collection motion data from the accelerometer, you will be connecting every 5 min to download the log, or if close enough to your mobile device, simply stream the data live.
  • Hi @Eric, thx a lot, great feedback. I'll have to look into on-board logging. 

Of cource one prerequisiste to make my demo fly is to get simultaneous loggign or live streaming of the button/motion/step counting data. Please keep me updated.

Thx
    Sven
This discussion has been closed.