Streaming data

Hi all,

I'm trying to implement an application in which I stream the accelerometer, gyroscope and magnetometer data to my mobile phone. For analysis purposes I need the raw stream, but also at a rather high frequency (acc and gyro at 50Hz and the magneto at 10Hz).

I've created a basic app which shows the received frequency and see that with all sensors streaming that the required frequencies cannot be reached.

What can I do to improve the data rates? I've read in several posts that raw streaming is not the best way to handle higher frequencies, is it possible to do this with the logger and download the data while still recording? If so, are entries removed from the board when downloaded? And will the downloads be able to keep up with the needed speeds?

Thanks,

Comments

• What firmware are you running and what android device/OS are you using?
  • I've just updated the firmware to the latest version. But have also been tweaking the connection settings and now seem to have a reasonable speed while streaming.

I'm running on a Note 4 with the latest Android version (6.0.1). But intend to use the same Cordova application on iOS as well.

Is there anything else I should be aware of?

TiA!
  • No, other than the Cordova plugin still needs more work to support the rest of the Android and iOS APIs.
  • Logging is on the roadmap for the Cordova plugin.  Development on this is a community driven thing so pull requests are welcome and appreciated!
This discussion has been closed.