optimize power consumption of Meta Motion R
hi, I have my meta motion R updated with the new software 1.3.3 and am working with my andoid app 3.5.1 and all works fine.
my next step is to connect my meta motion R to a raspberry pi which acts as a gateway for the senors. but i want to make the senors as low possible energy consuming as possible so i am looking for the right settings in 3 different stages of use
- Stage 1: Sensor laying 100% still on floor / no movement at all: sensor in sleeping mode only sending information 1 time per 5 seconds (live-beat) . Only sending battery status information. No sensor movement data sent. very very low energy consumption
- Stage 2: Sensor is being lifted / movement: Sensor awakes. after awaking it will start sending 10 times a second sensor movement information (sensor fusion / quarternions / eulers). while it is moved and not put on the floor, it remains sending movement information.
- Stage 3: Sensor back on the floor: Sensor will get back into sleep mode after 5 seconds not being moved at all. (back to stage 1)
- Could you please advise me how to create the above mentioned functionality?
- is such differntiation of stages and advertising changes possible?
- which parameters (advertise interval eg.) should be changed during the different stages?
- does the senor have a wake-on-shake function so it will go in deep-sleep when not moved at all
- what is the expected lifetime of a battery (100ma lipo) when the sensor is only in stage 1 (no movement at all?)
- what is the expected lifetime of the battery if the sensor is only in stage 2?
every advise is welcome. hope to hear
This discussion has been closed.